Saturday, May 31, 2008

Roughing it in the Rockies..

With my Elephant Rock Century bike ride tomorrow that rides 100 miles from Castle Rock down to Colorado Springs and back, through the Black Forest, I decided to get the Ducati out today and ride up to Estes Park. I rode up through Boulder to Lyons and then hopped on Colorado 7 through the canyon up to Allens Park where I was not only treated to great roads for a motorcycle ride, but also some fantastic views of Mount Meeker and Longs Peak. I also saw some Elk in a meadow near Rocky Mtn National Park. They were grazing and watching me take their picture. It was a beautiful day here in Colorado. I am looking forward to a nice carb load dinner tonight of pasta and getting some rest before my long bike race tomorrow. I will check in tomorrow and let everyone know how my wife and I fared and what type of times we achieved in riding the 100 miles.


Longs Peak, Rocky Mtn. National Park with a view of "The Diamond"






VT




No comments: